Follow the steps below to successfully sync Facebook Pixel to your event:
1. Log into your Facebook Pixel account and click Create a Pixel
3. Make a note of the Pixel ID which is a 15 digit number in the blue box after 'fbq('init', '***NUMBER_HERE***')' .
5. Click Manage on your Event
6. Select Sales Tracking
7. Select Facebook Pixel tab
8. Enter Pixel ID into the Configure box
9. The Pixel will now automatically track page views and purchases within Facebook admin
Download the Facebook Pixel Helper app to test whether your Pixels are running correctly.
We send both:
InitiateCheckout event at the start of the checkout
Purchase which is fired when someone completes the checkout process. This event will also include cart total value
How to use standard events can be viewed here: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/facebook-pixel/implementation/conversion-tracking
This is the best way for people to track both people entering the checkout and completing it.